Heads

Kingfisher Yacht Owners Association - discussion area of owners of Kingfisher yachts (20, 20 Plus, 26, 30 and 30S).

Moderator: aptanet

Roger Hardick

Heads

Post by Roger Hardick »

I still have the original toilet fitted in Greenstone, my Kingfisher 26.
I find that the heads compartment is very small and am thinking of changing the toilet. Can anyone suggest a viable smaller toilet?
Enjoy life, this is not a rehearsal

tamsin

heads

Post by tamsin »

Hi Roger, my K26 Tamsin still has the original toilet Blakes Lavac fitted, I have replaced the valves on the Henderson hand pump which brought the toilet back to 100% ok. I assume your problem is the size of the compartment ? If this is the case then you may find that a Portapotty will fit between the forward berths and give more elbow room. I suspect that it wont be long before all boats will be required to have holding tanks.
regards Peter Sinclair

Wastrel

Post by Wastrel »

I use a portapotti plumbed in to a large bilge pump emptying via the loo seacock, when ashore I have a normal porta potti, I had to remove the original plinth which was actually moulded in a plastic bucket! and came out cleanly when attacked with a hammer and chislel, I then made a platform to raise the PP until it was high enough to sit squarely, a bar across the doorway, a strap to keep it in place, that was hundredsof miles ago now :)
Stewart
I have owned my Kingfisher 30 Mk2 Wastrel of Mochras since 1992 . This year I am refitting her.