Hatch garage mould

Kingfisher Yacht Owners Association - discussion area of owners of Kingfisher yachts (20, 20 Plus, 26, 30 and 30S).

Moderator: aptanet

aptanet
Site Admin

Hatch garage mould

Post by aptanet »

If anyone is interested in making a hatch garage for their Kingfisher then let me know as I have ended up with the mould. I believe that it was probably 'tidied' in error at some point when in the compound at my sailing club, but it was spotted and rescued before anything nasty could happen to it and is now safe.

As far as I can tell it should make a garage suitable for all size Kingfishers, but I haven't actually checked the dimensions - I have a feeling that the size of the cabin entrance is the same on them though.

groeslon

Post by groeslon »

:roll:
Hi

what does the hatch garage look like when it is finished? Can you do a drawing or scan something please?

Cheers

Paul
Kingfisher 20 sail no 11. She was a wreck and now she's a beaut!

aptanet
Site Admin

Post by aptanet »

Unfortunately I haven't actually had one made up from the mould. It was actually rescued from my club compound when the person who had it changed boats.

From looking at it, and I think I have probably seen either a picture or one fitted in the past (but I'm not 100% sure of that) - if you image a larger version of the existing hatch in its fully open position you'll have the basic idea. The hatch slides under it when open, and at the after end of the hatch it has a raised lip - although this is probably an under statement as I think it may be tall enough to accomodate some instruments if you wanted to fit them - although the more I think about it now, that may be exagerating the size.

Please note that the above attempted description is from memory and looking at the mould (which I haven't done for a few months either)!

Wastrel

Post by Wastrel »

I am intrested in making a garage for my K30, I did follow an ad for a mould back in the nineties but to no avail, I have experience of working with GRP and would like to borrow/hire the mould if possible.
Stewart
I have owned my Kingfisher 30 Mk2 Wastrel of Mochras since 1992 . This year I am refitting her.