Mast and Boom Spares

Discussion forum for the Otter class of sailing dinghy

Moderator: aptanet

Southern377

Mast and Boom Spares

Post by Southern377 »

Otter 465

I have a one piece alloy mast (Bermudan Rig) from which the Proctor Identification plate is missing (just the rivet heads left!) Does anyone else have the same mast they could check the specification on?

The shreeves (think that's what they are called) need changing as they have jammed and then worn flat. I think they are available from sailboats but there is more than one type. Any other sources suggested?

The other Otter at Ardingly could have been a source of information but has a two piece mast (with identification plate).

Anyone any experience of renewing mast parts?

Alan.

ss007

Re: Mast and Boom Spares

Post by ss007 »

Otter 640

Alan

I have checked the mast on my Otter which is a bermudan and there is a serial number and nothing else. I'm not sure if that helps!

Steven

Southern377

Post by Southern377 »

Otter 465

I have the Proctor order numbers for the mast and boom being 040303 for the mast and 040304 for the boom.

Unfortunately Seldons who took over Proctors do not have Proctors sales records.

I am going to remove the sheave box at the mast head, replace with a temporary swivel block and send the original box off for assesment.

Regards,

Alan.

Southern377

Post by Southern377 »

Otter 465.

The boxes were removed by drilling out the rivets and then sent to Allspars in Plymouth. Have now been returned fitted with new sheaves. Will refit the boxes to the mast on Monday. Cost just under £30.00 and returned in less then a week.

Alan.