Welcome

Discussion forum for the Otter class of sailing dinghy

Moderator: aptanet

aptanet
Site Admin

Welcome

Post by aptanet »

After a bit of searching around the internet and finding very little information I though I may as well collect what I had here and provide a forum for people to discuss the Otter dinghy.

Basic info on the boat is (from the RYA Dinghy Report 2005):

Crew: 2
Length 3.67m - 12ft to you and me :)
Beam: 1.49m - 4ft 10in or thereabouts
Draught: 1.07m - 3ft 8in with the centreboard down of course ;)
Sail area: 7.0sq.m - about 75sq.ft with Bermudan or Gunter rig
Spinnaker: 6.53sq.m - around 70sq.ft Symmetric
Sailing wieght: 74kg - 163lbs plus the crew!
Construction: GRP

Portsmouth Yardstick; 1272 or 134 in old numbers - although don't hold me to those as the Portsmouth Number isn't listed in the RYA document.

Designer: G. O'Brien Kenedy
Builders: Estuary Sailboats

Or at least that's the info I've managed to glean from a trawl around the web! I did have details of a now defunct Otter association, but I can't find the forum post now (probably deleted in a data purge) and I've not had a reply to my message to the person who posted it unfortunately.

Please post any info you have here, and feel free to ask questions. With any luck given a bit of time searches for information on the Otter sailing dinghy and there will be a few answers to go with them.

Please note that in order to post a message to this forum you need to register first. You will then have a username and password to login with. Please use the 'Register' button at the top of the screen for this.
Last edited by aptanet on Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aptanet
Site Admin

Post by aptanet »

For anyone watching this topic for the discussion that was here, I've split it out into a new "Getting Started" topic so that new visitors to the forum can spot it easily. I should have remembered to lock the Welcome message really :oops: