K20 Restorations

Kingfisher Yacht Owners Association - discussion area of owners of Kingfisher yachts (20, 20 Plus, 26, 30 and 30S).

Moderator: aptanet

fjellrev

K20 Restorations

Post by fjellrev »

I wonder if some of you experienced Kingfisher owners might be able to help me with a restoration project which is floundering somewhat. I need photos, drawings, advice, anything for guidance with restoring Nilkant, an early K20 with a rusted inboard motor and Pretendre, a later K20 with motor well etc. My intention is to combine the best bits of both boats to get one on the water fairly quickly. The other will then become a long term project or be sold on. I am amazed just how many K20s there are around. Locally, I am aware of 2 at Faversham (Oare Creek), one on the Medway at Maidstone and mine in the shed at home in Ashford. If anyone is able to assist, please contact me.
Regards.
Gordon.

gandex

confusion

Post by gandex »

hi there gordon, i am a bit confused i have just purchased what i believe to be petendre laying in maidstone i take it that you sold her on and now i have puchased her.if so you may be able to help as i have bought her shell and am trying to piece together all that is missing though there are parts spread about the boat yard in several lock ups. i would love to know first hand what was removed and therefore needs replacing. cheers mate dave.